Thursday 16 May 2013

See you in 7 months Bonnie Scotland

Well we are finally off, years of talking about doing it and months of planning; we are actually about to get on a flight to Delhi. I don't think it will actually hit us until we land there tomorrow and it is 45 degrees...we might actually miss the May Scottish weather.

Beedie suggested today that I call him 'Akbar', it means 'the great' in Indian. I think this has been inspired by him thinking that the black and white picture on his Indian visa was Ghandi, when it was in fact a picture of himself. However, he forgot to organise our hostel taxi pick up from the airport tomorrow and tried to check our bags into Air India, when we are actually flying with Jet Airways, so I think I will stick with Beedie for now and take control of the admin.

Thanks to our friends and family for supporting us to take career breaks and fulfil this ambition of ours. We are so excited to be making this trip and in particular visit the Himalayas. I still remember writing about this in an essay in first year of high school, when asked to write about our life ambitions. It is amazing to think we will be trekking in Nepal in just a few weeks!

Better go for now, we still need to read our Indian Lonely Planet and decide what we are going to do for the next two weeks. I have heard it is custom in India to eat with your right hand, nod your head for 'no' and shake it for 'yes'. I would like to confirm these things before arriving, otherwise it will make for some interesting haggling and restaurant experiences.

Bye for now, Jenny and Beedie x


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! I'll get to hear of akbars ridiculousness! I can't believe he mistook himself for ghandi! Will look forward to your posts.make sure u link then to facebook so we see them! All my lust! Roomie leeby! Xxx

    ReplyDelete